Saturday, September 5, 2009

A lazy day....

The rain patters the parched ground, mocking all the thoughts of its departure from the city. The buildings are once again drenched and quench their long awaited thirst. The clouds allow very few specks of dust from flying in the air. They are also punishing to the sun, not allowing any rays of light to enter.
The morning is calm as I perch inside my 4th floor heaven and look outside from the window. I pull the blanket more close to my face as my weary eyes cross horizons between dreams and the reality outside. There is a confusion about which is more beautiful. The body still shivers from the wafts of cool breezes which have successfully made their way inside the blanket and send goose bumps over my almost naked body. The sultry night strips you down to your overalls and the cold mornings make you aware of your stripped reality.
I see my father and mother talking to each other over a cup of tea. There smiles make evident their happiness of being with each other. It is subtle and never mentioned but clearly visible. I smile as they notice me. A start with a smile is good for them and me. My sister has already left for college. I now remember mumbling “have a nice day!” as she banged the door and I rejoined my dreams in my sleepy world. I wonder if she ever hears me wishing her. Its not her mistake but mine that I want to return back to my dream world so badly. By the time she turns back to say anything I am fast asleep.
There is no schedule today. No rules to follow, no restrictions. I do what I want, say what I feel and feel about what others say. They say one should have such days sometimes. They refresh you. One day of complete freedom. One day of just thoughts and no actions. A day of action without words. A day for all you want to do without anything clearly defined. Yes, one craves for such days and then you wish it would never end. Another part of your dream, until you get back to the world and dream about it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment